Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Get To The Point

On Saturday we took a trip to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.  The girls and I left home around 7:15am to drive to Michigan to pick up my Parents and Sister, who were dropping their dog, Angel, off at my Grandparent's house.  After my Grandpa made sure that we had enough air in our tires, to handle the extra load (his words), we headed for the Toll Road.  After about a three hour ride, including a half-hour of impressions and jokes by Amanda, we arrived at the Walmart parking lot where we were to meet Amanda's boyfriend Nick.  After lunch at Subway, we drove a few more minutes to the park, then paid to park.  I can't imagine how much money a park like this must make in parking alone

Once the girls had their sunscreen on, we started the long walk through the parking lot to the actual entrance.  Luckily we all already had our tickets, otherwise we would have had to wait in a very long line to buy them.  We walked into the Midway and the girls, Grandpa, Amanda, and Nick all rode the carousel.

Kiddy Kingdom was next on our list of things to visit.  The girls had a blast riding all the rides.  Megan had this thing about raising her eyebrows at Nick as she would go around and around on the rides.  It was quite hilarious.  Next we attended a show, called Extreme Splash! 2004.  It was a diving show, which was quite entertaining.  We also attended a Snoopy Rocks on Ice show, which was a nice long break inside an air conditioned area.

After catching some dinner and after Mattey caught some z's, we took a train ride around the park.  Mattey loved this ride.  We walked through Frontiertown, where we rode the Antique Cars.

Then it was on to Camp Snoopy, where the girls again enjoyed some fun rides.  The highlight was watching and listening to Mattey enjoying her first roller coaster ride on the Jr. Gemini.  She loved it.

We finished off the night attempting, and mostly succeeding, to win the girls some prizes at the carnival games.  We stopped at McDonalds for a little fill-up, before making the long drive home.  By the time we got home, it was almost 3:00am.  What a long day, but it was a great time.

Photo Album


Kelly Standiford said...

Since Mickey didn't mention it, I thought I would say that I stayed home so as not to aggravate my back, which is finally feeling pretty good after last years fall. I'm glad everyone had fun. I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet Nick. I was also a little surprised when the dog started barking at 3:00 am when they came home. I had had a phone call around 8:15 that said they would be leaving soon, I guess not. Maybe next time we can all go somewhere not so far away and with something I would like to do. Hint, hint, my birthday is right around the corner and I would like this year to be a good one. No bowling!!

Mickey Standiford said...

You don't have to say Hint, hint. I know your 26th birthday is right around the corner and you want to go to the Shedd.

DadS said...

It was a long day ! But the girls were having too much fun and when it was time to go ... they had to win a stuffed animal. I think the final total was 5 or 6 when the dust settled and we headed out the gate. As we left I was carrying Megan on my shoulders and she said "Grandpa can we come back another time so you could win me one of the huge Care Bears ?" Yeah ... maybe next time. :0)