I emailed my boss and told her I would be taking a personal day to clean up and replace the sump pump. While I was cleaning up and waiting for some of the room to dry I took apart the shelves in the laundry room since they needed to come down so that the new office space could be drywalled.
I went to Menard's and purchased a new submersible pump to replace the old pedestal style that we had. These are supposed to be quieter, which would be nice since my desk will be on the other side of the wall. I worked on this for quite a while but finally got it installed. I also installed a new GFCI outlet in the laundry room for the washer and the sump pump. They both had been plugged into an old outlet with ground adapters because the outlet had no spot for the ground from the plug. Oh dear!
After all that I decided that I wanted to get a few sheets of drywall hung before calling it quits.