I finally found a lid for the sump pump basin today at the Menard's South of town. I had to modify it a little bit to get it to fit but it looks good. I also used plastic ties to attach the drain pipes and cords to make the installation look more professional.
I did some prep work on the back of the closet wall. It was quite unsquare so I was making some changes to make it square before hanging the drywall.
A drywall finishing contractor came over today and said it would be a $200-250 job to finish the drywall I'm hanging. I'll be glad to pay that and save myself the headache of doing that work. He said he could do it next week if all the drywall was ready. He estimated four days to complete the project.