Wednesday, January 30, 2008
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Peanut Elantra
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Vanilla Sugar
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) M-Sta
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Blue Shark
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Joseph Mount Clemens
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) Stami
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Black Juice
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Robert George
9. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (father’s & mother’s middle names) Dean Mae
10. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Varga Vegas
11. SPY NAME/BOND GIRL: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Summer Rose
12. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Strawberry Socky
13. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Chex Bonsai
14. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”) The Gaming Rain Tour
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Misty Odyssey
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Black Cherry Oatmeal Raisin
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) K-Sta
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Blue Elephant
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) A. South Bend
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first) Stake
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Green Lemonade
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Robert Richard
9. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names) Sue Neil
10. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Jackson Jacksonville
11. SPY NAME/BOND GIRL: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Spring Tulip
12. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Grape Jeansie
13. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Oats Ginko
14. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”) The Knitting Sunshine Tour
Monday, January 28, 2008
I can't imagine the reunion that happened last night. Another great example was the love he had for his wife. They must have been so excited to be with each other again.
I'm sure that we will be blessed with another great prophet, but right now it's kind of hard to imagine anyone other than President Gordon B. Hinckley.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
I feel like I cheated a little but I did do all the work, just not this week. I figure this kind of stuff needs to be documented also. After all I can't keep all my cards in a box.
Mickey also rented Nacho Libre. We have wanted to see it for a while now, ever since Mark and Janel were over quoting it. And of course after seeing Janel's picture dressed up as Nacho we had to see it. (Sadly she removed her picture.) Jack Black was hilarious. I can't believe how he can move his eyebrows. We probably should have waited until tonight to watch it because we were both really tired when we started the movie. I woke up some and laughed a lot. I really like the fact that the movie took place in Mexico but they still spoke in an accented English. I would say rent this one if you want a good laugh.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Dale Ison, creator of the Heroes Truck had a vision to create the most powerful and heartfelt patriotic vehicle to date.
Dale wanted show his appreciation for those Past, Present and Future heroes who have put their lives on the line daily for us all. Dale has invested over $600,000.00 into this project.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
This one is a blast from the past, c. summer 2004. This is Meg before kindergarten, before adult teeth, and before glasses or braces.
I found another layout in Meg's book when I put this one away. I had forgotten about it. I'm proud of the work here so I thought I'd share it. In case you can't read the title it's called "Wild Child with the Face of an Angel". I like the little tear detail and that I stamped on the pictures. I was brave and it turned out great.
And this next one is for Becca (when she comes out of the dark). This is the page I did of our strawberry picking outing last summer. I love the vibrant colors. I used pictures of the berries to cut out my title letters. When I pulled this out tonight I really wanted a piece of the pie. (It was so delicious!)
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Sorry, I don't know why the pictures are dark. I'm too tired right now to play around with the color in iPhoto. The Teeth Cleaning layout was inspired by a Becky Higgins sketch from her book Creative Sketches. I started the giraffe one last year and I don't remember where I got the idea from, probably one of Becky's. I really want her new book but I can't find it anywhere. It's back ordered everywhere I check. I guess it's good and they didn't print enough. I think I'll place my order with Amazon and hope it comes in soon.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
For body, since I already exercise 6 days a week I will have to come up with something different unless I increase or change my workout. I can eat better (meaning 5 fruits and veggies and less junky stuff), drink more water, or get to bed early (that's not happening tonight).
For mind I can practice the piano, work on Spanish, read an "educational" book, play Brain Age, or meditate. (Like meditating is really going to happen in this house of wild children.) I'm also working on de-cluttering the house. I know that doesn't really fall under the mind category but it will bring me peace of mind to know my house isn't a wreck and there's not a mess everywhere I look.
For my spirit I can study scriptures instead of just reading them, read/study the lessons for church, fast, sing hymns, or read the Ensign.
I'm also doing 2 layouts a week to get my scrapbooks more up to date. They'll never get totally caught up but I can try. (I'm almost done with my second one for the week. I'll try to remember to post some of the good ones.) If anyone has any other ideas let me know.
P.S. Commenting is not hard. All you have to do is register one time and if we know you then we will let you comment.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Friday, January 4, 2008
Goal: The purpose toward which an endeavor is directed; an objective.
I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to work towards this year. I was a little distracted with everything at the end of December to really make the time to think about things. I wanted to work for something that I really wanted and could actually achieve with some work. Here it is the 5th of January and I'm still deciding. I was talking to Mickey the other night about someone's blog and how she went on and on about stressing over what resolutions she should make. I decided right then and there that I was setting goals and not making resolutions. One, because I don't think I have any terrible habits that need to be broken; two, I don't think I could make myself do something every day for a year (although I'm on a pretty good streak of reading my scriptures every night but I don't get all mad and punish myself when I miss a night); and three, I'd rather take baby steps to work towards something and once I reach that mark make it a little higher. I think goals are more my style. I like the idea of having an objective, a target, or a purpose. I feel more in control to reach the end result.
So today I got an e-mail from Mickey. I don't know how he found this and why he wasn't working but he sent me this link. I read it and thought "I'm smarter than I thought I was". Anyway, goals are the way to go for me. I'm still thinking about what I want to do and will sometime post what they are so you can make sure I'm working on them. Here's what I've been thinking about: getting back to/catching up on my scrapbooking (making 2 layouts a week), intensifying or changing my workout, recovering the Spanish I used to know, getting better at the piano (the violin lessons never worked out last year, may as well work on something I already know how to do), reading the Ensign every month, eating my 5 fruits and veggies a day,.... The list could go on and on but I don't want to try to do too much because I know myself, I'll drop most of it if I feel overwhelmed. I hope you have decided on some good goals for this year. Remember one can be easy to attain to help you feel better about yourself. Have a good 2008!