After the cutting I had to figure out how I was going to lay the squares out because of course I can't make it random. After figuring out the pattern the sewing began. I sewed strips of squares and then sewed the strips together to make the quilt. It actually went pretty fast since this is the second one I made. (I'll post pictures of the first one soon.) Then the fun began...the ragging. To rag it you have to make several hundred (maybe even thousand) cuts before washing the quilt. I used a pair of rag quilt scissors. Yes, this is popular enough there are special scissors for it and believe me they are the only ones you want to use. Then I washed it once and dried it about 5 times. After it was dry I put the dryer on no heat to save energy and it still removed a lot of lint. And there was hands full of lint.
Here are pictures of the finished project. One side is ragged and the other smooth. I think it turned out great, except for all the lint I had to pick off, but that's just me. It's a great cozy blanket.