Sometime at the end of summer I finally got around to making Meg's messenger bag. She only gave me the order months ago. I took her fabric shopping and asked her what she wanted. I guess she is a bit like me in knowing what details she wanted the bag to have. This was the first time I used a zipper. I survived the process and have decided they aren't that hard to deal with.
Next was Mattey's scripture case. I also took her out shopping and she decided on something and then when I was making it she didn't want the fabric anymore. (That's so her.) I think it turned out cute and she does like it, now.
Mickey's office mate ordered a bag for his wife for their anniversary. He knew exactly what he wanted. I told him I had to make a few differences since all my bags are unique. I made it better. I quilted with blue thread and added some ribbon. I like it better than mine. He wanted it to be a knitting bag so I put in a few slots for needles and a flap on one of the pockets. His wife told me it's too pretty to use. It's sitting on a table so she can look at it.
And here's my latest creation. I've been seeing patchwork bags around and thought I'd give it a try. I also wanted to try another zipper. (That took a while to figure out since I didn't have a pattern telling me how to do it.) I love this fabric by Lila Tueller and had to make something for myself with it. I made an "invisible" outside pocket and inside is a cell phone pocket.